Your privacy protection is important to us and we strive to take due care and protection of the information, we receive from you. In this regard, we adhere to the various governing laws such as:
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Section 43A.
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”).
The Policy sets out how we, Medica collect, use and disclose your Personal Information.
1. “Personal Information” refers to all information about a natural person that, alone or in combination with other information held by or likely to be held by Medica, is capable of directly or indirectly identify that person (such as name, date of birth, gender, photographs, address, email address, telephone number, mobile number, information from a government-issued identification card, financial and bank account information, or health information).
2. You agree to the collection, use, disclosure (including transfer) of your Personal Information by us in line with this privacy statement. If you do not consent to us processing your personal information in this way, do not give us any personal information.
3. Cookies are never used by us to store sensitive data like credit card numbers. Although our website contains links to other websites, please be aware that these websites’ privacy policies may differ from www.medicacancerhospital.in’s.
Our privacy statement details:
- What data we gather about you
- How will we use that data?
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We gather information to better serve you, and we may share it with third parties for service enhancement and app experience personalization. The services provided by Medica are specifically referred to as “Services” for the purposes of this Policy.
We do this, among other things, by using the following methods to gather personal, clinical, and demographic information:
- Patient/Caregiver/Doctor/Health Care Professional Name,
- Birth date/age,
- Address (including country and pin/postal code),
- Phone number/mobile number,
- Email address,
- Physical, physiological and mental health conditions, provided by You and/or your Health Care Professional,
- Personal medical records and history,
- Valid financial information at the time of purchase of product/service and/or online payment,
- Login ID and password,
- User details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter,
- Records of interaction with MSHK representatives,
- Your usage details such as time, frequency, duration and pattern of use, features used and the amount of storage used,
- Master and transaction data and other data stored in Your user account,
- Any other information that is willingly shared with You,
- Biometrics data,
- Genetic Data,
- Transgender Status,
- Caste or Tribe, and
- Religious or political belief or affiliation.
2.HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes indicated below and in the part labelled “Use of Personal Information” as well as any additional relevant or associated purposes (“Purposes”), we may gather, use, and disclose the Personal Information we have obtained from you: For the purposes of this policy, “Dependants” refers to family members of the patient and/or any other person the patient approved in the admission form. The term “Platform” refers to the patient’s usage of the mobile application and patient portal of Medica.
- Setting up your account with us and managing your use and access to the Platform.
- Sending you a one-time password to your mobile phone to verify your identity.
- Providing you and/or your Dependant with the services or functionality of the Platform.
- Enabling you and/or your Dependant and/or a Third Party to pay outstanding medical bills through the Platform.
- Obtaining feedback from you and/or your Dependant.
- Carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis to improve and personalise our Platform to you and/or your Dependant, and develop new products and services.
3.SHARING AND TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You consent to us sharing your Personal Information with:
3.1 External third parties:
- Your Personal Information may be shared with our business partners and other third parties who work on our behalf and provide services to us, such as IT service providers, cloud service providers, data storage providers, advisors, IT consultants who test and develop our business technology systems, and businesses that we employ to deliver marketing or advertising to you online. Additionally, we might provide personal data to third parties for SMS marketing and promotional purposes, admission information, and test results notification. To customise your Platform experience, we might provide your Personal Information to a third-party analytics tool.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to comply with a court order or other legal requirement, to respond to an emergency, to comply with a governmental authority’s investigation request, to verify or enforce our rights under contracts or other agreements, to address fraud or other illegal activity, to address technical or security issues, to respond to a security breach, or in other situations where protecting the rights, property, safety, or security of others is in our best interest.
- Social Media Platforms – Wherever you choose to communicate with us via social media, the social media company will normally be able to gather some data about you through digital cookies and other monitoring technologies they install on your device. Even if you don’t use their programme, the social media firm may occasionally be able to identify you thanks to its digital cookies. Visit the privacy policies of the individual social media businesses to learn more about how they gather data about you and the controls they give you access to.
3.2 Internal third parties:
Additionally, we divulge your Personal Information within Medica for operational and business-related reasons. For instance, it is common practice to share financial and medical data when a patient is transferred between units.
3.3 Sale or transfer to third parties:
We might sell or buy assets as we build out our firm. Your Personal Information will be shared to that entity in the event that we are acquired by or merged with another entity. Additionally, all such information will be regarded as an asset of ours and as such it is possible that they will be sold or transferred to third parties if any bankruptcy or reorganisation procedure is brought by or against us.
4.SECURITY MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have put in place the necessary security measures to guard against unintentional loss, alteration, disclosure, or use of your personal information. Additionally, we only allow employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know access to your personal information. They have a duty of confidentiality and will only process your personal information as directed by us.
To prevent unauthorised access to, as well as unlawful data change, disclosure, or destruction, we implement security measures. These include physical security measures to prevent unwanted access to systems, secure socket layers, firewalls, and encryption. Internal evaluations of our data gathering, storage, and processing procedures are also included.
For the purposes of this Policy, the term “Website” shall mean www.medicahospitals.in. If we keep personal information on our systems, we only allow employees, contractors, and agents who need access to use it to operate, develop, or improve our website and services. These people are required to maintain secrecy, and breaking these rules could result in discipline, including termination.
5.PAYMENT POLICY (TERMS & CONDITIONS)
You acknowledge, agree, and confirm that the credit card information you submit for the purpose of using www.medicahospitals.in will be true and accurate and that you will not use a credit card that is not legally yours.
You also agree and promise to give www.medicacancerhospital.in accurate and legitimate payment card information.
Unless required by law, regulation, or court order, www.medicacancerhospital.in will not use or share the aforementioned information with any third parties.
In such a circumstance, you must contact your provider; Medica is unable to help with a stop payment request for any Bill Payment planned using a Payment Account with a credit card. The term “Bill Payment” refers to the sum against which services have been provided during the patient’s visit to Medica for the purposes of this policy, and the term “Payment Account” refers to the account of the person paying the Bill Payment to Medica.
6.USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be used or processed for various purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To provide effective Services;
- To operate and improve the Website and/or our Services;
- To perform studies, research and analysis for improving our information, analysis, services and technologies; and ensuring that the content displayed is customized to your interests and preferences;
- To contact you via phone, SMS, WhatsApp or email for appointments, technical issues, payment reminders, deals and offers and other announcements;
- To send promotional mailings from us or any of our channel partners via SMS, WhatsApp, or email;
- To advertise products and services of Medica and third parties;
- To transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company;
- To share with our business partners for the provision of specific services you have ordered so as to enable them to provide effective services to you;
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- To aggregate Personal Information for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, and to sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates.
7.INFORMATION PROVIDER’S RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THEIR SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION
- You may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access, review, modify or correct your sensitive personal data or information or withdraw your consent to provide sensitive personal data or information. However, we are not responsible for the authenticity of the sensitive personal data or information provided by you.
- You agree and acknowledge that certain data or information may not be corrected or is prohibited to be modified as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or any judicial proceedings. With respect to such data or information, the aforementioned rights will not be available.
- We place a high priority on the security of your personal information. To ensure that the Personal Information gathered is secure, we have implemented reasonable security policies and processes, such as role-based access and need-to-know basis, password protection, encryption, etc. We only allow employees, agents, third-party service providers, partners, and agencies of our and our affiliates who have a legitimate need to know about your Personal Information to access it for the purposes outlined above in this privacy statement.
- You accept that while we will make every effort to keep any information we have about you secure and prevent unauthorised access, the internet cannot be made completely secure, and we cannot give any assurances as to the security of your Personal Information. We won’t be held responsible in any way for any security lapses, inadvertent data losses, or disclosures of your personal information that we may cause.
- You acknowledge that you won’t divulge or otherwise make your password or other account access information available to anyone you don’t know. All payments you authorise utilising the hospital website’s services are your responsibility. You are liable for any transaction they authorise if you allow other people to access your account using your password or another method.
9.CHANGES IN POLICY
We retain the right to update our privacy/security policy at any moment and to apply the revised terms to all data we continue to preserve. The updated policy will be available while receiving care directly from our hospital and will be posted in our facilities and offices. Use of our website constitutes acceptance of any updates to this privacy statement.
10.THIRD PARTY REFERENCES AND LINKS
Credit card information is not accessed, saved, or kept by Medica. All credit card transactions are processed through third-party gateways using Secure Server Software (SSL) for 128-bit encryption, and Medica has no involvement in the transaction other than to point customers to the appropriate gateway or webpage. As a result, Medica disclaims all liability and responsibility for any loss or harm caused by the disclosure of Personal Information in any way.
The user’s account information, information about online transactions using credit cards, debit cards, or cash cards, including information about those transactions’ verification procedures and specifics, and any error, omission, or inaccuracy with regard to any information so disclosed are all covered by this exclusion of liability.
In order to present all of your electronic correspondence, Medica will make every attempt. Details will be provided to you in addition to notification and acknowledgement following the conclusion of the transaction.
13. Governing Law & Dispute Resolution